East Rockingham ARES
Emergency Net Protocol (Repeater)
Good evening, this is [your first name and call sign] , Net Control for the East Rockingham
ARES Emergency NET. The purpose of this NET is to provide information and training on
emergency communications. Please listen carefully to NET Control and do not transmit unless
requested. The only exception to this is for emergency traffic.
Is there any station with traffic? If so, please call now and list your traffic.
[Make note of all stations with traffic, but only handle emergency traffic now.]
Everyone is welcome to check in to this NET. I will ask for check-ins in the following order.
Portable and mobile stations first, fixed stations operating emergency power second and fixed
stations operating commercial power last. When checking in please give your call sign, using ITU phonetics, your first name, any ARRL appointment, and your location.
• All portable or mobile stations please call now. [Acknowledge stations.]
• All stations operating emergency power please call now. [Acknowledge stations.]
• All stations operating commercial power please call now. [Acknowledge stations.]
• [Acknowledge ARRL & ARES leadership that have checked into the NET.]
• [Acknowledge visitors and first time check-ins.]
[Handle the non-emergency traffic previously listed.]
• [Pass along public Service announcements.]
• [Ask for announcements from the net.]
• [Optional . This portion is reserved for the EC to offer training. Conduct a roll call at the
end of the session and credit individual members for training.]
• [Optional. You may want to suggest a topic for discussion.]
• I would like to thank all stations that checked in today and the Port City Amateur
Radio Club for the use of their repeater system. If anyone would like further information about
the PCARC please go to www.w1wqm.org.
• If you would like further information about NH ARES please visit our web site at
If you would like further information about East Rockingham ARES please visit our web site at www.w1roc.org
• This is [your first name and call sign] securing the East Rockingham ARES Emergency
NET on [date] at [time] returning the repeater back to general amateur use.